Even though the results of a tummy tuck sound so promising, you have to think first on whether you can pass as a good candidate. You can’t just go and have it done out of whim. You need to have the right condition and preparation if you want to come out of it with success. So if you want to have that tummy tuck, here is a list of criteria that you have to meet.
* Any doctor would tell you that you need to be in good and stable health if you want to undergo any surgery. Otherwise, they would not take the risk of putting you on an operating table unless you are cleared of any conditions, specifically your cardiopulmonary system.
* You need to be close to your ideal body weight, which is within 30%.
* Your weight should be stable for at least 6 months.
* If you still have a significant number of fats gathered in your abdominal area and envelop your internal organs, you need to cut it down before you get to have surgery. Being obese affects your chances for a risk-free recovery, because this condition causes poor circulation. Poor circulation equals slower healing.
* Scars that you may have internally or externally from previous surgeries can affect your standing on being a good candidate. Scars can affect the healing process and can put you at risk for complications.
* Your skin should also have good tone and elasticity. This will make the end result look better, it promotes faster healing and easier for it to follow the contour of your body.
* Your muscle should also have a good tone.
* If you are a woman who still has plans to get pregnant, you may want to postpone your tummy tuck plans for a later time. Pregnancy can cause abdominal muscles repaired during the procedure to stretch again.
* Those that have sagging skin due to obesity and pregnancy can definitely benefit from a tummy tuck. Individuals who also have scars from a caesarean section or an appendectomy can have it removed through this procedure.
* A good candidate for surgery should also have a good understanding about the procedure and a realistic expectation. You must know that there is no such thing as perfection after surgery, but you will look way better. There should also be an understanding on your part that this procedure is not a substitute for proper diet and regular exercise.
* You need to cut down on your smoking if you want to pass for a tummy tuck. Surgeons would advise this because smoking impairs your ability to heal faster, putting you at risk for complications such as bleeding.
* Those who have the discipline to commit to lifestyle changes is definitely a good candidate, because this will help that person to enjoy the effects of the procedure for many years to come. A tummy tuck alone will not do the trick; you also need to put some effort to come up with amazing results.
Great Tips for Anyone Thinking about Cosmetic Surgery
Getting cosmetic surgery is not a light decision. You need to take your time and research the surgery you are having done, before committing to it. It is important that you find out as much as you can beforehand. Here are some things you need to consider, when you are deciding to have cosmetic surgery done.
You will probably have to remove hairs before the operation; ask your surgeon what method is best. Usually, waxing is the best solution, but you might be able to shave if you do not have a lot of hairs. Your surgeon should be able to recommend the better method and the best products.
When contemplating cosmetic procedures requiring surgery, it is wise to request a fair number of before and after photographs prior to scheduling your operation. By assessing the true potential as well as the limitations of your chosen procedure, you will head into the process with realistic expectations of what is achievable, thereby avoiding possible disappointment.
Before you decide on plastic surgery, consider other options that are available to you. Sometimes there are measures far less severe that could be taken to address the issue. You might be able to get satisfactory results by simply using make-up, going to a dermatologist or developing a better beauty regimen.
Check to see if your surgeon is qualified. When considering cosmetic surgery, you want to be sure that the surgeon you are using is competent. Check online reviews. Contact the medical board. If the surgeon is board-certified, and ask about any complaints. Checking the surgeon out now can save you a lot of grief later.
Before going under the knife, always seek out a board-certified cosmetic surgeon. It is imperative that you get to know your surgeon. Ask about his qualifications, and certifications. Request before and after photos. If possible, speak with former patients. A good surgeon will be proud to show off his best work, and will always be forthcoming about qualifications.
You should keep your expectations of the results of plastic surgery realistic. Most procedures are about just an improvement over what you already look like and will not create a new face. If the procedures are centered around body contouring, remember that this is not a weight loss procedure but will merely improve the shape of your body by a few degrees.
Finding out what you need to know, before you have cosmetic surgery, is important. Use the tips in this article to help form a foundation of knowledge about the surgery. Then you'll have a better idea of what to expect. Find out as much as you can, and you will make smart decisions about your surgery.